Saturday 27 October 2012

WESTERN AUSTRALIAN WILDFLOWERS

Western Australian wildflowers are renowned as being one of the most spectacular wildflower displays in the world. The rugged landscape comes alive with a blaze of brilliant colours and lush scents from June to November. For six picturesque months, an amazing 12,000 plant species carpet the state with their vivid beauty - and endless varieties are still being discovered! Over 60% of these species are found nowhere else in the world.

In Western Australia, Australia's most familiar wildflowers take a dazzling twist from the norm. Pink boronias, Geraldton waxflowers, Swan river daisies, coral vines, red and green kangaroo paw, magenta paperbark blossom and orange-flowering banksias are top of the list for wildflower spotters.

This post is part of the Pink Saturday meme,
and also part of the Floral Friday Fotos meme.








3 comments:

  1. the colour combination of the second last one is not something I would like to see worn, but looks perfect on this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W-O-W to the header photo and to these awesome photos/flowers. My favorite for some reason is the final flower. Funny how something just jumps off the page more than the others. That jump is a tough one to make, lots of great competition!
    While I was reading your post, I kept seeing the revolving map, that's really neat, there I was, there I went, there perhaps you are, there I was again. It's a small world sometimes, huh?
    I'm visiting by way of Beverly's Pink Saturday. And am in Central Texas,USA. Enjoyed my visit!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.