Tuesday 30 October 2012

A RED ROSE

A Red, Red Rose
by Robert Burns

My love is like a red, red rose
   That’s newly sprung in June :
My love is like the melody
   That’s sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
   So deep in love am I :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
   Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
   And the rocks melt wi’ the sun :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
   While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love,
   And fare thee weel a while !
And I will come again, my love,
   Thou’ it were ten thousand mile.


This post is part of the Ruby Tuesday meme.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely rose and a perfect post for Ruby Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous rose! Happy RT2.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful

    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem, stunning red rose!

    http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2012/10/margo-city.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.