Thursday 18 October 2012

IT'S SPRING!


The field daisy, Bellis perennis, is the symbol of purity and virginity, adoration and innocence. In the language of flowers, the daisy speaks the words: “I share your sentiments”.  It is under the dominion of Venus and in the past bruised leaves were applied to the testes to reduce swellings there!  It is said, that Spring had not truly arrived until one could step over 12 daisy blooms under one foot on a lawn where they were growing...

This post is part of the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

6 comments:

  1. I love the little bellis flowers and some are blooming in my fall backyard right now.
    Very lovely picture!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. In one part of the world it is spring, in another part fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really pleasing to the eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely to see en-masse like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Romania is fall.
    I love daisies!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.