Monday 1 December 2014

GARDEN ITERATIONS

The first shot is a straight out of the camera image taken in the School of Botany's System Garden of the University of Melbourne. I then Photoshopped the image, taking it through several passes via a sepia filter so that the colour was almost completely neutralised. This is image 2.

I then used the saturation and colour balance commands to try to regain some of the colour, emphasising the orange and green. These are the third and fourth images, which have also been enhanced with some of the filters in the Photoshop art filter gallery. The last image shows the effect of more fine tuning of colour and an oil painting filter.

This post is part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,

and also part of the Mandarin Orange Monday meme,
and also part of the Nature Footsteps Inspiring Photography meme.





9 comments:

  1. Interesting work.
    The sepia image is very pleasant.
    The last one does look like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, the way each variation seems to emphasize a different part of the image...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting building to start with and your edits are wonderful. I love the progression or itteration, as you call it, and each piece draws attention to something different. Very nicely done, Nick.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    P.S. Thank goodness we don't have auto-correct on our comments or we would never be able to say what we mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice edits, and I always appreciate it when people take the time to explain how they did it! I think the second one is my favorite... just a hint of color. A nice old, vintage feel. I also like the oil paint edit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would just like to step right into your shot...especially the last one which feels whimsical♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/celestial-views/

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I scrolled down to no. 3 i suddenly sat up and looked closely. I love it! I especially like the emphasis on line..and the colours of course. Then I scrolled down further and enjoyed the magic:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful series of edits! I love the vintage look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, YOU MADE IT TO A FAIRYTALE CASTLE :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the natural colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.