Wednesday 17 December 2014

EUSTON, NSW, AUSTRALIA

Euston is a small town on the banks of the Murray River, southern New South Wales (NSW), Australia in Balranald Shire. The twin town of Robinvale is on the other side of the river in the state of Victoria. Euston belongs to the traditional lands of the Tati Tati Aboriginal people. At the 2006 census, Euston had a population of 462 people. Until the irrigation development at Robinvale, Euston was the main town in the area. A Post Office opened on 1 May 1852. It closed in 1853, then reopened in 1856.

The Murray River or River Murray is Australia's longest river at 2,508 kilometres in length. The Murray arises in the Australian Alps, draining the western side of Australia's highest mountains and, for most of its length, meanders across Australia's inland plains, forming the border between the states of New South Wales and Victoria as it flows to the northwest, before turning south for its final 500 kilometres  into South Australia, reaching the ocean at Lake Alexandrina.

The photos of the Murray near Euston I post here are from my archive and are early ones that I took with a digital camera in April 1999. Since that time, I have not been using film and have been gradually upgrading to better cameras. However, even at that time I was impressed with the technology and I still like the type of image that digital technology offered in 1999!

This post is part of the Waterworld Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme.




5 comments:

  1. PS: Camera was an Olympus Camedia, C-900 ZOOM (1998)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last two captures are my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious of the trees they are so gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice images.
    I can almost feel and smell this scene.
    Thanks for sharing at http://www.image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/12/cats-eye-variations.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.