Thursday 11 July 2013

CYCLAMEN

Cyclamen is a genus of 23 species of perennials growing from tubers, valued for their flowers with upswept petals and variably patterned leaves. Cyclamen species are native to Europe and the Mediterranean Basin east to Iran, with one species in Somalia.It was traditionally classified in the family Primulaceae but recently has been reclassified in the family Myrsinaceae. In the APG III system (2009 onwards), Myrsinaceae was not recognised, but was sunk into Primulaceae, which in that system is circumscribed very broadly, as Myrsinoidea sub-family.

This post is part of the Floral Friday Fotos meme.


6 comments:

  1. Cyclamen always remind me of Christmas as they adorn many windows during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flowers and the colorful mixture is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and cheerful; I love these flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.