Thursday 11 July 2019

GUM TREE IN FLOWER

Eucalyptus leucoxylon, commonly known as the Yellow Gum, (South Australian) Blue Gum or White Ironbark, is a small to medium-sized tree with rough bark on the lower 1-2 metres of the trunk, above this, the bark becomes smooth with a white, yellow or bluish-grey surface. Adult leaves are stalked, lanceolate to broad-lanceolate, to 13 x 2.5 cm, concolorous, dull, green. Flowers in white, pink or red appear during winter.

This post is part of the Floral Friday meme.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I've seen a gum tree in flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely,
    never before have I seen such an impressive flowering !

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.