Wednesday 15 March 2017

JACARANDA

Jacaranda mimosifolia is a sub-tropical tree native to South America that has been widely planted elsewhere because of its beautiful and long-lasting blue flowers. It is also known as Jacaranda, Blue Jacaranda, Black Poui, or as the fern tree. Older sources give it the systematic name Jacaranda acutifolia, but it is nowadays more usually classified as Jacaranda mimosifolia. In scientific usage, the name "Jacaranda" refers to the genus Jacaranda, which has many other members, but in horticultural and everyday usage, it nearly always means the Blue Jacaranda.

This post is part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the ABC Wednesday meme.



7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tree. I never saw flowers like that. A beautiful deep blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how gorgeous

    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-j/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful and great post and photos for J ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell these flowers. Photographs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that shade of blue!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah my favorite blooming tree - I have never come this close to a Jacaranda!
    Actually I came here for Saturday Silhouette - have you let go of that meme? See you back in a day at SEASONS!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.