Monday 24 September 2012

PERTH 'ALICE' MURAL

I found this mural in Perth close to Claisebrook train station, near the Perth City Farm (the red X marks the spot). The building on which the mural is painted faces the eCentral Institute of TAFE and I suspect that students from this College may have had something to do with painting it. It is a dark and ominous rendition of scenes from "Alice in Wonderland" and the rich blues in amongst the blacks are quite striking. That Cheshire cat is something else!

This post is part of the Monday Murals meme,
and also part of the Blue Monday meme.






10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your interesting blues. That cat . . . [shudder]

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such intricacy! Really a terrific mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great mural
    Could you contact me ASAP on terrycooper@netspace.net.au
    I love your picture of under the clocks. I'm writing a blog about Flinders Street Station and would love to use it as an illustration.
    Could you contact me and let me know if that would be o.k.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just love that mural!!The cat is awesome as well as all the rest.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful mural should not be so hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Cheshire Cat has always been a favourite of mine - that smile is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats so very pretty!
    and i love the Cat! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.