Tuesday 12 February 2019

BURFORD, ENGLAND

Burford is a small medieval town on the River Windrush in the Cotswold hills in West Oxfordshire district of Oxfordshire, England. It is often referred to as the 'gateway' to the Cotswolds. Burford is located 29 km west of Oxford and 35 km southeast of Cheltenham, about 3 km from the Gloucestershire boundary. The toponym derives from the Old English words burh meaning fortified town or hilltown and ford, the crossing of a river. The 2011 Census recorded the population of Burford parish as 1,410 and Burford Ward as 1,847.

This post is part of the Our World Tuesday meme,
and also part of the Travel Tuesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful antique buildings. You captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what a pretty place. Lovely homes. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet those homes could tell some stories. Delightful.

    My pictures and Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Medieval and Cotswolds - 2 of my faves. Never been to Cotswolds or UK for that matter, but I really dream of visiting Cotswolds.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.