Wednesday 7 December 2016

ROWING ON THE YARRA

Rowing on the Yarra River has been a popular activity since the beginnings of Melbourne as a City in the mid-19th century. Melbourne's historic rowing boathouses on the banks of the Yarra River in Alexandra Gardens are home to the following Melbourne rowing clubs:
Banks Rowing Club [1865]
Mercantile Rowing Club [1880]
La Trobe University Rowing Club [1969]
Melbourne Rowing Club [1862]
Melbourne University Boat Club [1859]
Yarra Yarra Rowing Club [1871]
Richmond Rowing Club [1863].

This post is part of the Wednesday Waters meme,
and also part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme.



1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I'd have to be the person in the blue jacket - I could never compete with the other rowers! They look quite buff!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-church-of-transfiguration.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.