Friday 23 June 2017

GUM TREES

Gum tree is a common name for smooth-barked trees and shrubs in three closely related genera of Eucalypt: Eucalyptus, which includes the majority of species of gum trees. Corymbia, which includes the Ghost gums and Spotted gums. Angophora, which includes the Sydney red gum. These evergreen trees are characteristic of Australia and give our winter landscapes their green colour.

This post is part of the Weekend Green meme,
and also part of the Friday Photo Journal meme,
and also part of the My Town Shootout meme.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat tree, great shot. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous trees! I know as gumtree only ficus elastica, we have them in pots, a little nostalgic indoor plant (today not in fashion)
    Thanks for joining, links are added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - There are no gum trees in my area.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.