Monday 3 June 2013

GINKGO IN AUTUMN

Ginkgo is a genus of highly unusual non-flowering plants, commonly called ginkgo, with one living species, G. biloba. The ginkgo is a living fossil, with fossils recognisably related to modern ginkgo from the Permian, dating back 270 million years. The most plausible ancestral group for the order Ginkgoales is the Pteridospermatophyta, also known as the "seed ferns". This is a ginkgo tree that I grew in our garden from seed that I got from Melbourne University when I was a student (a long time ago...).

The yellow colour scheme is the natural colour, while the orange tones are my colour manipulation, to heighten even more the autumnal effect!

This post is part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
and also part of the Mandarin Orange Monday meme,




6 comments:

  1. These photos are really inspiring and marvellous with all the waterdrops - Thanks for sharing

    One of my contributes here:
    http://www.starone.dk/1-b1/?p=209

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glistening droplets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves are an intriguing shape! Especially love the macro in the third photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know they got those lovely colros in autumn. Love it and your photography. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.